Beard and Moustache Transplantation
Beard and moustache transplantation have become as popular as hair transplantation. Facial hair transplant is basically done to men who suffer from spotty or patchy loss of beard.
- In moustache transplantation we extract hair follicles from the nape as in the regular hair transplantation process,
- Then we implant it in the moustache area.
- The transplanted hair follicles regain strength in the moustache and it continue to grow.
- A hair follicle anchors into the skin. If the hair follicles are implanted very close to each other there will be no space for hair follicles feeding
- Therefore, the transplanting frequency should be measured to provide feeding.
- Once the hair follicles are fed it will begin to grow (4-6 months later), any spaces found
- In the moustache it can be transplanted again, scarring, surgery, burn marks,
- Shedding problems can be almost covered up by moustache transplant.
FUE method is highly recommended for moustache transplant since FUT method isn’t satisfactory at all.
The extracted hair follicles with 0.6-0.7 mm punches should be sutured at the same time with the help of the other medical instruments. By this way the transplanting process will take less time which. When a thin needle tip used, there will be no any sign that you had beard or moustache transplant. By using the FUE method, not even your barber will notice that you had surgery.
We can extract the strongest parts of the roots and transplanting it to tighten the low density areas of the beard. There will be no marks if the 0.6-0.7 mm punches used. The advantage of it will be permanent because the roots are extracted from the unwanted areas. There is a difference between the beard and the hair and it varies. A man with low level of beard loss may not be uncomfortable.
Therefore, beard transplantation is not always needed for some men. However if there is a wide area in the beard losing hair, beard transplantation is the only way to solve the problem.
- On the next day after the operation after washing, there will not be a significant problem but a reddish appearance that may disappear in 1-2 weeks. No marks will be left in the body and neck area.
- A dark red appearance may happen in the transplanted area because of the needles but it will disappear permanently after the first wash.
- The transplanted should be washed after 24-48 hours, also the beard should be visible, from 2-3 days beard appearance will be formed
- After 15 days from Beard and Moustache Transplantation, The grown can be cut with scissors
- We recommend the first shave to be after at least one month in order to give the transplanted follicles time to be sufficient.
- You might suffer from shock loss after 2-4 months after hair transplant operation causing hair loss in the transplanted area usually
- After 6 months the shock loss side-effect disappears and it will al regrow again.
- It takes up to 2 years to reach the final phase of results.