What is direct hair implementation DHI ?
DHI is the latest most advanced technique which consist of extracting the grafts from the donor area using a device called micro motor HD and than transplanting them directly while opening the channels with Choi pen implanter.Both stages are done in the same act.
The DHI method procedure
1. During a hair transplant procedure operated with the Choi implanter, the specialized physician or technicians insert the harvested grafts into the implanter pen,The graft is inserted delicately within the hollow needle, the push function of the needle at the end of the device determine the correct direction of the hair growth.
2. Subsequently, the needle is positioned at an accurate angle of into the scalp, once the incision site is made the surgeon implant the grafts by pressing down on the plunger. in this method the opening of the channels and the implanting of the grafts is done simultaneously.
3. During this procedure, an amount varying from 3-6 Choi implanters and approximately 14-18needles are synchronically used, with the device coming in a variety of needle sizes to fit the follicular unit grafts.
Advantages of DHI Technique
There are various other advantages of Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) apart from the fact that each follicle is implanted individually and that consequently the results are more aesthetically natural.
• The method of Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) is different from other methods in terms of the absence of pain and scarring due to the incisions made during the extraction and implantation phase of the hair follicles while still giving better quality of results.
• The harvested hair follicles remain out of the tissue less than the other methods and meaning that the hair transplant operation provides better results.
• Hair survival rates reach up to 95%.
• Patients can return to their daily routines in a short time. Since in DHI method a full head shaving is not required
Even though the advantages of the DHI method are mentioned above, it should be mentioned that this method has also disadvantages. The following disadvantages are listed as follows;• Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) method requires longer periods because each graft is inserted inside a special pen one by one. Also more medical stuff are involved in the sessions.
• Although Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) hair transplantation method is nowadays considered as the best method of hair transplant, it also causes a little bit more expensive compared to other methods.
• Although it does not require an incision during hair transplantation procedures, this does not necessarily mean that the procedure is easier. This process should be conducted by qualified practitioners like experts in our clinic.
What are the Differences Between Direct Hair
Implantation (DHI) with Other Methods?
Unlike all other hair transplantation operations. The most important difference of Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) from Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique is that the hair follicles taken from the donor area can be transplanted into the receipt area while opening the channels, so (DHI) procedure allows the canal opening and implantation to be conducted as a single step.
Other methods include only the transfer of hair follicles to the recipient site, while with the Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) and Follicular Hair Extraction (FUE) the aesthetic appearance of the transplanted area and hair line positioning can be achieved by individual implantation of each hair follicle. Which means , you can achieve 100% natural hair in appropriate density and distribution.
Due to the use of CHOI Pens which have varies diameters of its blades according to each diameter of the channel, all the channels are going to be opened more smaller than other techniques, that leads to guarantee high density (10 grafts more per each cm2 for example) comparing it to other techniques.Also Healing