The hair loss occurs in the eyebrow like any other area of
The process begins by pulling (Grafts) from the back of the head, and then it is implanted in the patient’s eyebrow area, then the graft transplantation areas are determined within the empty area of
The angle of hair transplantation should be carefully prepared because the eyebrows are one of the most important parts that attract attention to a person’s face, and the slightest mistake can cause very worrying results for our patients, so the process of transplanting hair and roots into the eyebrows is done very carefully through the process of local anesthesia.
Because of the growing demand to treat hair loss in the eyebrows, eyebrow transplant is one of the most common facial hair transplant procedures performed today in Turkey.
İs perform in the same manner as hair transplant in the head under local anesthesia.
Single graft hair units are accurately transplanted from the donor area in the scalp to the eyebrow-received area, where hair fall could occur due to various causes including genetic factors or damage done by over-plucking, laser hair removal, or scars.
Because of the nature of the hair in the eyebrow, the grafts extracted from the donor area resembles the original thickness and texture of natural eyebrow hair. And the number of hairs that are implanted in both eyebrows ranges between 100 and 700 hairs.
This process is performed according to the patient’s desire for the final shape and density of the eyebrow.
How is an eyebrow transplant?
The process of an eyebrow transplantation is characterized by simplicity and clarity, and usually, between 50 to 400 grafts are transplanted, and each follicle contains one or two hairs, depending on the case and depending on whether the transplant is for a specific area or with the aim of increasing the thickness of the eyebrow as a whole.
The process steps are as follows:
During the eyebrow transplant
The doctor takes into account the most important characteristic features of eyebrow hair growth, such as the diversity of the direction of hair growth, the growth of hair in the form of individual strands or follicular units that can be observed in the scalp, the appearance of hair at the level of the skin surface or at an angle of 45 degrees, and the hair growth cycle and its speed.
- Follicles are taken from the donor areas where the hair is closer to the eyebrow hair. The dissection process is usually performed using a stereomicroscope (stereo system). Usually, it is preferred that the hair follicles in the donor areas are single or follicular units (1-4 hairs).
- Grafts are kept 2 to 3 millimeters long to allow the curvature to match the shape of the eyebrow.
- The area in which the transplant is to be performed is prepared, where longitudinal incisions are made using a fine standard needle, at a very sharp angle, so that the transplanted hair is as flat as possible and natural-looking as possible.
- The transplanted hair may have slightly different properties from eyebrow hair, and you may need to trim your eyebrows sometimes, but the rate of growth is fast.
- Eyebrow transplant surgery “despite its ease” usually poses a challenge to the surgeon who performs it, as it requires precision and skill to obtain the desired result.