How Do Hair Transplants Work?
Steps of a Hair Transplant Procedure
- During a hair transplant, little punch grafts from the scalp are removed, or a bigger piece of the scalp is removed from a donor area and divided into smaller pieces for use as grafts.
- These grafts are moved to a scalp region that is bald or losing hair. The size and shape of the grafts produced in this way vary. Punch grafts with a round form often have 10 to 15 hairs. About two to four hairs make up the much smaller mini-graft, while one to two hairs make up the micro-graft.
- Slit grafts, which are put into scalp slits, have four to ten hairs per unit; strip grafts, which are long and thin, have thirty to forty hairs per unit.
- A healing period of several months is typically advised in between each surgical treatment in order to reach a suitable level of fullness. With a full transplant series, it could take up to two years before you see the ultimate outcome.
- The color and texture of your hair will play a role in how much coverage you’ll need. Better coverage is provided by coarse, gray, or light-colored hair than by fine, dark-colored hair.
- Each patient will receive a different amount of big plugs during the initial session, but on average, 50 are implanted. The number of mini-grafts or micro-grafts per session can reach 700.
- The “donor area” will be shaved short just prior to surgery to make it simple to reach and remove the grafts.
- In order to replace the round graft in the area to be covered—typically the frontal hairline—your doctor may utilize punch grafts, a specific tube-like device made of sharp carbon steel.
- For other graft kinds, your doctor will cut tiny pieces of the scalp’s hair-bearing skin with a scalpel. These pieces will then be divided into tiny portions and inserted into tiny holes or slits in the scalp.
- The hair transplant doctor may administer tiny doses of saline solution to the scalp after grafts are removed to keep the skin’s correct strength.
- For punch grafts, each punch site may be stitched shut with a single stitch; for other types of grafts, a tiny, straight-line scar will occur. The hair in the area normally covers the stitches.
- The grafts are spaced about one-eighth of an inch apart to preserve good circulation in the scalp. The gaps between the plugs will be filled up with more grafts in subsequent sessions.
- In order to ensure that the transplanted hair will grow in a natural direction and that hair development at the donor site is not negatively impacted, your doctor will take great care when removing and placing the grafts.
- The scalp will be cleaned and wrapped with gauze after the grafting procedure. A pressure bandage may need to be used for a day or two. Some physicians permit their patients to heal without bandages.
What Are The Conditions that a Hair Transplant Treats?
There are numerous causes for hair loss. Hair loss can be permanent but it can also be transient. With regards to hair loss that is permanent and brought on by:
- An autoimmune condition called alopecia areata targets hair follicles.
- Alopecia androgenica, sometimes called pattern baldness.
- Hormonal abnormalities or thyroid conditions.
- Burns or traumatic damage.
Types of Hair Transplant Surgery
The most popular method of hair transplant surgery is hair grafting. A medical professional removes very little portions of the scalp that retain healthy hair. Sometimes they remove skin with 10 to 15 hairs or less using a tiny, round punch. These grafts were formerly known as “hair plugs.” One to two hairs can be found in micro-grafts.
It might need to be done for several hours. The majority of patients are awake throughout the procedure, however they are given medicine to numb the scalp. Depending on how much hair your provider needs to move, you might need many operations. Between operations, your scalp needs to recuperate for a few months.
- Scalp reduction:
Scalp reduction is referred to as alopecia reduction by providers. A tiny patch of the scalp’s bald skin is removed by the surgeon during this surgery. They pull the neighboring hair-covered skin away from the bald spot. Then, they sew it into position.
Bald spots on the top and back of the head are best treated with a scale reduction. Typically, skin with hair surrounds these areas. To obtain complete coverage, some doctors combine scalp reduction and hair implants. Similar to grafting, scalp reduction typically simply calls for topical numbing agent. You do not therefore require general anesthesia.
- Flap surgery: If you have significant bald patches near the front of your scalp, the hair transplant doctor might advise flap surgery. Over the course of a few weeks, flap surgery is performed in stages. Three sides of the donor location are sliced invisibly by the surgeon. The fourth side is still connected and continues to receive its original blood flow. The surgeon can cut the flap and elevate it over bald spots with the aid of this procedure. General anesthesia is required for flap surgery.
- Tissue expansion:
In ClinMedica, we might do tissue expansion surgery if you have burn-related deformity or scalp baldness. The following steps are involved in tissue expansion, which calls for general anesthesia:
An implant is inserted beneath the scalp by a reconstructive surgeon. They refer to the balloon-like object as a tissue expander.
The expander is gradually inflated over a period of weeks in order to stretch the skin.
The stretched skin is used in a second treatment by the surgeon to cover the bald spot.
Risks of Hair Transplant Surgery
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia.
- Excessive blood loss.
- Failed grafts or flaps.
- Loss of feeling on your scalp.
Hair Transplant Side Effects
Most hair transplant surgery side effects are transient. On your scalp, at the donor site, or where the new hair is, you can encounter the following problems
- Scabs or crust.
- Loss of emotion.
- Throbbing pain.
How long Do The Results of Hair Transplant Last?
Many people’s hair transplant results, which are typically visible within a year, might persist for the rest of their lives. Without a doubt, you can anticipate benefits to persist for at least 15-20 years. One of the reasons it is so crucial to be satisfied with the outcomes of a hair transplant is the possibility of permanence.
The outcomes of your hair transplant are designed to work for you for a longer time if you are taking medication to stop further hair loss. There is a danger that your hair transplant results won’t fit you anymore if additional hair loss has occurred if you don’t take drugs to stop further hair loss. A second or third hair transplant is an option in circumstances when the hair has receded behind the implanted hairs.
Hair Transplant In Turkey | Turkish Hair Transplant | Reviews
A full head of hair boosts confidence, and many people who get hair transplants are happy with the outcomes, reporting an improved appearance and more youthful look.
Hair transplants are seen as a low-maintenance alternative to topical hair treatments, and they can also end up being more affordable in the long run than other options.
Patients at ClinMedica have commented that the facility is “well maintained” and has a “refreshing atmosphere”. We frequently receive compliments on our “professionalism” and are frequently lauded for how we “make patients feel comfortable.”
Interested in hearing more from our patients? More reviews about hair transplants can be found here.
How To Find A Good Hair Transplant Clinic in Turkey?
Turkey has a large selection of hair transplant clinics, but how do you go about choosing the ideal one for you? You should check the following five boxes while looking for a hair transplant clinic:
- Make sure the clinic is officially licensed and registered.
- Look for qualified hair transplant doctors who have a track record of handling hair loss and hair transplants.
- Look up client or patient testimonials online.
- Do doctors maintain a digital presence online
- You can have peace of mind at ClinMedica thanks to a comprehensive FUE hair transplant package that includes individualized aftercare. Learn more about our FUE hair transplant procedure or contact us right away to schedule a consultation with one of our top doctors.