Is falling of hair grafts possible after hair transplantation?
Hair transplantation (Hair Transplant) : As clinmedica, we offeres free consultation for patients. One of the common asked questions on those consultation is about hair falling after hair transplant.
- Many people think they will lose their implanted hair after the surgery but actually it’s not true.
- First of all, we have to be clear on this. It is very common and normal process that %99 of people who had FUE Follicular Unit Extraction face possible hair shedding.
- Around the second week following your hair loss surgery, you will experience (as in %80 of the cases), some hair ‘shedding’ for a period of time.
- It happens not just in a day but a month. In this process, hair roots regenerate themselves and prepare to grow much more healthier and powerful. This shock hair loss is an expected situation.
- Your hair will begin to grow again and within the following 75 days and the loss should have settled
- Down as the hair begins to regrow thicker than before. thin hair will start to show itself within four months.
- After 6 months transplantation, %80 of implanted hair will grow and the process will be completely done in a year.
- After a year, your hair will gain thickness and become visible clearly.
The risk of losing the planted hair is so low.
Scientific explanation, the nape area between the back of the ears protects hair even in people with excessive hair loss.
Resistant hair roots are being used in a hair transplantation
This means that hair roots in the nape area are not affected by the male hormone. That’s why the resistant hair roots are being used in a hair transplantation. The utmost necessary purpose of this method is your doctor’s skilled read in selecting the correct donor space and eliminate the opposite risky hair roots.
One of the most important factors in hair transplantation is the protection and transplantation of hair taken from the donor area to the new areas. This is the key purpose of the surgery and has direct have an effect on of surgery’s success.
The doctor’s expertise and experience is very important at this step.