The link between Androgenic hair loss and Saw Palmetto: On this blog post, we are going to talk about saw palmetto. First, we need to know what saw palmetto is.
- Saw palmetto is also known as Serenoa repens which is a small palm with fan-shaped leaves that have sharply toothed stalks.
- People used it sincr earliest times, for example; the aborigines of Florida and even local Indians have been used it for thousands of years. Because of its bad taste,people can prepare it in different ways today to be consumed due to its health benefits.
- This plant which we use as a natural DHT blocker, has helped to prevent natural growth of prostate.
- However, some recent researches have shown that it helps prevent hair loss in both men and women.
- Male-type hair loss, known as androgenic alopecia, is a problem associated with DHT that is produced by the enzyme 5a reductase. Therefore, this enzyme has two components.
- Saw palmetto helps to eliminate androgenic hair loss because it slows down both components of the enzyme.
- It is of a completely natural origin, that has a rich composition of fatty acid, flavonoid and phytosterol contents.
- It should be combined with a healthy diet, valuable nutrients and drinking water regularly, since Saw-Palmetto supplements may prevent androgens and hair loss.
- Saw palmitto tablets also nourish the scalp. The essence of the plant provides moisture, nourishes hair follicles and helps prevent hair thinning.
- In addition, the plant extract that is included in the tablet form strengthens hair follicles as well as contributes to preventing androgens and therefore stopping hair loss.
Please keep in mind that we do not recommend using it without the advice of your doctor who specializes in hair biology.