Post – Hair Transplant Operation Instructions
Recommended Practices After Your Hair Transplant Operation
When you wake up in the first day after the first operation, you’ll see liquid with a little blood overflow the neck bandage area and on the pillow. Don’t worry this is normal and only happens is the first day.
HAIR WASH (Total 10 hair wash, once a day):
You can find information video about hair wash on our official youtube channel. It will help you to wash your hair correctly.
Antibiotic cream (Fusidin or Bacitracin) might be needed sometime during the recovery progress,When pimples or bumps are noticed in the recipient or donor areas, this cream should be applied directly on the inflamed areas,On night 6, apply a fair amount of antibiotic ointment to the newly transplanted graft area and keep it on overnight,This will help to loosen up the scabs before you wash your head on day 7 by dabbing only.
Start taking 1000mg of Vitamin C three times per day as this helps with healing
Those instructions are meant to be followed during the first 12 days after the hair transplant operation, after that, you can gradually go back to your normal life.
After your return to the hotel, you must pay attention and take very good care of the implanted area: do not rub it with any hard tools or on a hard surface, you must pay attention so you do not touch the roof of the car while going inside or outside the car.
Things That Are Not Allowed After Hair Transplant Operation
- Swimming, running, and bodybuilding are not allowed for one month after the operation.
- Sexual intercourse is not allowed for 7 days after the hair transplant operation.
- Drinking alcohol is not allowed for 7 days after the operation.
- It is not allowed to cut the hair from the recipient area until 6 months after the operation.
After 6 Months Of The Operation
You cut the hair with scissors only. After 9 months, you can shave your hair, and the donor area can be shaved a month after the operation.
Head Washing Method After The Hair Transplant Operation
- Day 3: Post-operation hair wash procedure should be gentle without rubbing or strong movements.
- Firstly: Apply the Lotion for 30 minutes and then wash it with warm water (only the recipient area)
- Secondly: As for the shampoo, pour the right amount, create foam between your hands, and spread foam through the donor area gently, and normally over the rest of the head, and then wash with warm water.
- Finally: Gently dry your head and the recipient area with Tissue Paper.