Hair Transplant for women: Mistakenly hair loss thought to be a strictly male disease, but actually, women counted up to 40% of hair loss sufferers.
There is no difference between Male Hair Transplant and Female Hair Transplant in the matter of the technique used (Both performed with FUE Follicular unit extraction method) but it different by the causes of hair loss, so it is suggested to the women who suffer from hair loss to do an extra laboratory examination to identify hair loss main reason.
a Procedure performed by harvesting follicles from the donor area that is located behind the scalp and between the ears and then separation of those follicles carefully to keep the follicle root intact then the surgeon will re-implanted those harvested follicles in the baldness area in the scalp
- Hair Transplantation for women is a procedure performed using the latest advanced technology available for hair restoration Follicular Unit Extraction Technique DHI-FUE.
- There are three steps in the operation the first one is the extraction of the follicles, the second is the preparation of the recipient area in the scalp and the third step is the implementation of the follicles with the natural direction of the normal hair.
Any full health women can perform Hair Transplantation procedure but there is a contraindication with the following cases:
- Cardiovascular disease patient.
- Diabetes patients with uncontrolled blood glucose levels.
- Autoimmune disease like Lupus Erythematosus.
- Lack or absence of donor area in the back of the head.
Side effects of Hair transplantation procedure :
Like any procedure, there are some side effects but those side effects will go gradually by using the medical advice and treatment.
- Edema: edema will be on the back of the head of the donor area and on the beard where the transplanted hair is placed. This edema naturally happens after any hair transplantation procedure and it will disappear within 1 to 3 days after the procedure.
- Itching: the doctor will prescribe to you an anti-allergic medication to minimize itching.
- Sudden hair loss: do not worry if there is a hair-loss happen after 10 days from the hair restoration procedure because this is a normal process, the initial transplanted hair will fall down but the follicles will stay to get the nutrition needed to grow a new hair that will stay for a lifetime.
Doctor Vision and Patient satisfaction:
At the end of the day Hair Transplantation is a cosmetic procedure that performed by consultation between doctor and patient to reach the final shape that the patient wants, but the patient should also consider he doctor’s vision about normal hair shape.
Time and Residency in Turkey:
Graft Transplantation procedure performed between 6-8 hours depending on the number of grafts harvested. Residency for hair transplantation in Istanbul will be only three days. The first one is for the operation and the second is for patient rest and the final day for washing the head.
Hair loss is a situation no one wants to experience, causing less self-confidence. It may lead up to so many psychological problems. Women can find more difficulties in hair loss in comparison to men. That’s because men seems to be more accustomed to hair loss in social life. The vast majority of women can fall into great difficulty due to hair loss according to surveys and research.
Hair transplant for women should be performed by a doctor who is an expert and experienced on the subject. Women have been paying more attention to their outlook than men for centuries in history and this is a type of behavior that goes on.
Pregnancy, menopause, stress, postpartum, and even the age of the person can lead to hair loss and that’s completely a natural situation. Seasonal change, lifestyle changes, and also health changes, problems in the scalp, or other external reasons can lead to hair shedding or total hair loss. Due to this, hair loss in women should be evaluated by a dermatologist who has experience.
Women who experience hair loss shows it more obvious through thinning of the hair and the reduction of hair more. Nowadays women undergo hair transplant procedures as much as men do. Female type hair loss can be immediately noticeable, but if the hair on the whole scalp is poured in equal intervals it can be a little more difficult to examine.
Hair loss can be caused by genetics, impaired hormonal balance, using unsuitable cosmetics, and stress. In genetic hair loss, the density of the hair is reduced and it’s more visible. Even though hair loss in women may seem in various forms, usually the front the hairline remains to stay put.
For those women who would like to undergo a hair transplant operation, must express themselves about the results that they desire. After all, the expert doctor identifies which method to apply for the patient and usually the methods are the same for both women and men.